Did you know that you can donate publicly traded securities?

Donors can give investments (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) that have grown in value to a Canadian registered charity and pay no capital gains tax. If you gift securities that have depreciated in value, you can claim a tax loss.

Here’s how:

We accept gifts of securities through CanadaHelps. They provide step by step donation instructions to make the process simple and streamlined.

Donate Securities Today

Don’t forget!

You can also donate  securities in your will and because capital gains will not be taxed, your estate may have tax savings that increase the amount in your estate left to your other beneficiaries.

A Note About This Information

The information provided is general in nature and not intended to be a substitute for professional legal or financial advice.  Please seek independent legal and financial advice from your trusted advisors.